This is a workflow for Editorial, a Markdown and plain text editor for iOS. To download it, you need to view this page on a device that has the app installed.
Description: When pasting a list of Taskpaper items (or any bulleted list) into another list, I find myself doing the following:
- press return for new line
- delete auto-generated space
- delete auto-generated bullet (-)
- curse myself for forgetting that the tab depths of the items on the clipboard and the paste location are different
- adjust indents on each line to match desired tab depth
This workflow is just a way to make pasting a list into a list easier. Cut a list, place the cursor in the line you want the pasted items to appear after, and run— the workflow gets the current line, determines tab depth from that, and pastes the clipboard appropriately. Successive depths of indents within the pasted items are also respected.
All usual disclaimers (it works for me; I accept no responsibility if your house falls down when you run this workflow, etc) apply.
v 1.1 - now with added consistency (and all the difference a "+" makes in a regular expression...)! Also initialises tabcount as a zero value, for those of you copying unindented tasks into your lists.
Shared by: @jsamlarose
Comments: Comment Feed (RSS)